A bit of a cheat this week – I’m using the Tuesday Ten as a to-do list, in the hope that putting it on the blogosphere will prompt me to get these things crossed off my list. I have lots of work on, but this isn’t a work to-do list, it’s a work-life balance to-do list. Next Tuesday I shall post an update, so let’s hope I can do ten out of ten…
1. Clear out the polytunnel – there are some plants which I’ve nurtured and now they have reached a size that means they can come out, there are plants that are over and need to be composted, and I need to give the vine its late summer pruning, which is now rather overdue and the vine is looking rather Triffid-like.
2. Pot on my young trees – I have a silver birch that is looking a bit sad, and an acer which is looking reasonably happy but could do with more legroom.
3. Plant my Christmas bulbs – I have some bulbs to force for Christmas, and others to plant in pots for the spring, and this is supposed to happen in ‘August or September’ so I reckon if I do it this week, I’m safe.
4. Sort out the bits and bobs that my children’s nursery needs – old greetings cards, cardboard boxes, that sort of thing, which my decluttering has brought to light.
5. Finish reading ‘Wolf Hall’ which I have borrowed from the library. I am enjoying it but am so tired in the evenings I am barely managing more than a few pages, so I am going to set aside some reading time and finish it.
6. Get my tax paperwork ready for my accountant. Boring (and work related) but necessary, and I’ll feel all organised and virtuous when it’s done.
7. Take some photographs of the autumn colour – it’s starting to look fabulous and if I wait too long it’ll be all over.
8. Make a cake, because it’s been a long time since I did.
9. I hesitate to say I’m going to finish the Little Girl’s cardigan because I fear I’ll be setting myself up to fail. I have done the back, one front panel, both sleeves and half of the other front panel. All that remains is to finish the front panel, sew up and add the collar. Which isn’t much but I haven’t knitted a stitch of it for weeks. So no, in reality, I probably won’t finish it. But I will pick the wretched thing up and knit some of it.
10. Sort out the bathroom cupboard. At the moment it’s six shelves of utter mayhem and I can never find anything.
So, fingers crossed and let’s hope for a perfect 10 come next Tuesday…